Welcome to Live Dragonball Z!
An interactive online DBZ RPG!
LDBZ was launched May 1st, 2005 and has been going strong since! Originally known as thebestrpg.homestead.com, this site was actually created in November of 1999. In 2005 Riddek shed the childish name (Hey, I was a child when I created it!) and tore the game apart in an effort to bring more to the table. Plenty has been brought since then. LDBZ is more than a Dragonball Z game; it is a game for people who enjoy writing, who are serious about roleplaying, and are willing to commit to a long lasting game, whose shortest round so far has been 19 months!
So welcome! Welcome to the most in-depth, text based, Dragonball Z RPG on the planet, and I challenge you to void that statement! I will gladly withdraw it if I am shown a greater detailed text-based RPG based on Dragonball Z! That would just motivate me even more in my efforts to continually improve the game!
Here's what we have to offer:
- An involving world with lots of player interaction!
- The ability to use almost every move in the series (sorry, but we don't think "flash the old guy to distract him", as seen in the original Dragonball series, and other silly techniques, are well suited for this game!) as well as a customized list of attacks created by Live Dragonball Z staff and members!
- A fight system unique (if you've seen it somewhere else, let me know, because they copied it!) to Live Dragonball Z that provides for both free-form fighting and stat-based fighting! The stat-based fighting is the unique one!
- One of the only DBZ RPGs that keeps your character's information private! I actually don't know of any others that do this, and it is possible (can't claim this one for sure!) that this is the first DBZ RPG to do this!
- A community that doesn't coddle, but is still approachable!
- The only DBZ RPG that does not allow characters that are from the show! Why is that exciting?! Because... This is more than a Dragonball Z game; it is a game for people who enjoy writing, who are serious about roleplaying, and are willing to commit to a long lasting game.
- Virtually unlimited possibilities as you explore and interact with the known (and unknown?) Universe!
- Virtually zero restrictions on what you can do!
- And, most importantly for any game that is to run long and strong, a staff that is dedicated!
So, if you are ready to learn more, ready to get started, and are ready for a freakin' adventure, click the How-to-Play button!